Friday, May 16, 2008

Mapping


I thought this may be of some interest and so I documented this technique in the way of a tutorial. Mapping is the best way to describe it and I used it all the way through my thesis to reach my final outcome. Its basically using a series of images and making a rendering out of them. In this example I used some paper models I had made and stuck the images of them onto the rendering to make the forms. I thought it would be best to start in a side view and build the story of the design from there. So once you have this first view the elements of the vehicle can be twisted and turned in Photoshop to match the view in which you are rendering.
I hoped it provides some form of inspiration, I think you can go in any real direction with this. So if you try it out let me know how you found using it. I like this method because it gives me a greater field of options in developing forms and communicating them. Along with this it can also bring a more human and emotional touch to the rendering.

No comments: