Tuesday, May 20, 2008

917/30 Absract Version

Another 917 and another in yellow. It was an accident (having it in yellow) but for the good. I love the 917/30, such a simple and almost cartoonish proportion with its wide body and massive rear wing. It just looks fast, and in qualifying trim it produced 1500hp(!) so its performance matched its menace.
For the rendering I wanted to have a play on this simple volume so I used a combination of many graphical paths, photos of paper, which are then chopped into the image to match the outline and surfaces of the car. Then just played with the colours and filters in PShop to get the best and most vibrant outcome. Most of the layers have color dodge on them, this is how I got to the yellow and other glowing details. For some reason the image comes up all blurry too, obviously the computer does not like me.

BTW- Thanks to everyone who has posted a comment, linked this blog, or just had a browse. Its really cool to get all the feedback. Glad your enjoying it, been fun doing it and it keeps me away from playing too much Pacman.

No comments: