Monday, March 24, 2008

Road Relics



4 posts on 4 Days way to go when you don't have much else to do. I thought this would be cool to stick on, they are two of the cars we have at home. The blue one is a Vauxhall Viva and the other is a VC Valiant both from the 60's. They keep my father occupied in his spare time. The Valiant is almost finished actually and drivable now unlike the images shown. I like the Harley Sticker plastered to the back window for the rogue look. For me the Valiant is more my style, it just cruises along with bench seats front and rear. Its a ship for the road and handles like one too. The Viva is quaint and fun to zoom around in. But I always have the sense of feeling vulnerable in it with its basic construction, for sure the equivalent of a modern day Hyundai. Intended to be a disposable mode of transport. The reason why we own these cars is for there sentimental attachments that come with members of my family using both of them over the years. Both are special to have at home.

Auto paraphernalia has taken hold of this blog! I am hoping to diversify (a little) over the coming weeks. But it has to be designery related otherwise it would just be no fun!

No comments: